CLC Policies 2020-2021
New Drop-Off/Pickup Procedures
In adherence with county recommendations, we will limit access to our children’s buildings. CLC drop-off/pickup will be contactless. Here are a few highlights of the changes we are making to drop-off/pickup. (You will receive more detailed information closer to the first day of school.)
Parents and other family members will not be allowed in the children’s buildings at this time. Should parents need to enter the building, they will be required to have their temperature checked and wear a mask.
CLC children will now be dropped off and picked up outside of the Children’s Ministry Building and Saunders Children’s Building. Upon arrival, parents will use a contactless app to log their child in/out and answer a daily health screening questionnaire. Children will have their temperature taken prior to parent’s departure. (More details to come on the new app.)
We have created car tags and child backpack tags for easier drop-off/pickup identification.
To maintain the healthiest environment at our program, it is vital that children who display symptoms of illness remain at home. Children with any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to attend:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 or awaiting test results
We will require a doctor’s note for anyone who visits a doctor for any of the symptoms to assure they are negative for COVID-19, and to be aware of what illness might be causing their symptoms.
While we know that some COVID-19 symptoms are similar to those of allergies or colds, we reserve the right to deny entrance to those we feel have symptoms that are concerning. This will also apply if any person(s) dropping off a child each day is showing symptoms.
When a child becomes ill, the child cannot return to the program until he or she is symptom-free without medication for 72 hours. CLC reserves the right to request a doctor’s note prior to returning to the program.
Illness During the Day
- If a child begins to exhibit symptoms of illness, we will isolate the child in a safe, secure, caring environment while awaiting pickup.
- Parents must be available or make arrangements for their sick child to be picked up as quickly as possible, but within no more than 60 minutes of being notified.
- We will follow health and safety guidelines from the state and local public health authorities to determine when a return to the program is appropriate.
Case of COVID-19
If your child has been exposed to anyone who has been confirmed as a positive case of COVID-19, the family must inform the CLC Office via e-mail or phone as soon as possible. The child will be required to stay home for 14 days.
If there is a confirmed case of COVID in a CLC class, CLC will notify the county Health Department. CLC will follow the instructions set out by the Health Department which may include:
- Closing the classroom for up to three days for disinfecting
- Quarantining at home of teachers and children in the affected classroom for up to 14 days
Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Children and staff will wash hands with soap and water upon arrival and frequently throughout the day.
- CLC staff will undergo a temperature check/health screening prior to reporting to work each day.
- CLC staff will wear a mask, face shield or a combination of both during the day.
- All frequently touched surfaces (e.g. light switches, doorknobs, faucets, counters, tables, chairs and toys) will be disinfected throughout the day and an enhanced, thorough cleaning will be performed each evening in all areas of the buildings. Teachers will routinely disinfect toys used in the classroom.
- Children 2½ years of age and up older will have their own individual pencil boxes containing markers, crayons, scissors, glue, etc. These will be labeled with their name and picture and stored in each classroom.
- Teachers will distance the children appropriately during classroom activities, lunch and naptime.
- Children are not required to wear masks.
- If parents prefer their child wear a mask all day, the teacher will make every attempt to comply. If it becomes an issue, we will discuss the situation with the parents. We want to discourage teachers from having to touch a child’s face multiple times to keep a mask on the child.
- Our Specials classes will have 15 minutes between each class to allow time for the rooms to be disinfected.
- Our computer lab will have a double set of keyboard covers, so we can disinfect one set while the others are in use.
- Indoor playgrounds will not be utilized during the fall months. We will use the outdoor playgrounds and all high-use areas will be disinfected between each class.
- There will be a planned traffic flow in the hallways as children move throughout the day. Most hallways will be one-way only.
- CLC will not hold group events in the near future. (This includes program-wide functions or individual class parties where parents are invited.)
Items from Home
Due to the changes in our drop-off and pickup, we ask that you limit the amount and size of items you are bringing to school for your child. We ask that the only items carried in are limited to a diaper bag for younger children and a backpack / lunch box for older children.
As you are planning what to pack in your child's backpack and/or diaper bag, please keep the following in mind:
- Everything needs to fit inside your child’s completely zipped backpack
- For naptime, please send only one small blanket and a travel-sized pillow
- Sleeping bags or items too large to fit inside the zipped backpack are not permitted.
- All naptime items need to be laundered weekly
- Include at least two complete changes of clothing:
- 1 extra pair of shoes
- Please refrain from bringing toys or other items from home
We are excited about our new ProCare app (set-up information is coming soon). Since we will not have the regular face-to-face contact we normally have during the drop-off/pick up process, please be sure to check the ProCare App each CLC day. This will be the main source of communication between you and the Director/Teacher. We truly value the clear and frequent communication between parents and teachers, and we will do our best in these new circumstances to maintain the highest level of professionalism and childcare.
Out of Country Travel
Parents will notify the CLC Office anytime they have traveled, or are planning to travel, outside of the United States. CLC has the right to exclude the child from care if he/she or a member of the household has traveled to a country that has been identified by the CDC as an “at risk” country.
Should CLC close for reasons beyond our control, the current month’s tuition is non-refundable. The same is applicable should a class be required to self-isolate for 14 days. Parents may give a 30-day paid notification to withdraw from the program if they feel it is in the best interest of their family. Registration and supply fees are non-refundable.
Parents have these options for paying tuition:
- Sign up for Tuition Express, which will schedule automatic payment withdrawals
- Mail payments to the CLC Office
- Call the CLC Office to pay with debit or credit card
At this time, we are not accepting walk-in payments. Please feel free to contact the office if you need to make other arrangements.